FINDLAY, Ohio - Saginaw Valley hit the road for the second straight contest, traveling to play at the University of Findlay on Wednesday (Sep. 14). After the teams played to a 2-2 draw through regulation, the Oilers notched an early goal in the overtime period to come out on top, 3-2.
The Oilers went up 2-0 in the contest, using goals at the 2' mark and the 29' spot to take the two-goal edge.
Stefan Tomasevic cut the deficit to 2-1 at the 33' marker, as he headed a ball in off a Matt Wilson corner kick for his first goal in a Cardinal uniform. It was Wilson's second assist of the 2016 campaign.
Regulation would end with the score tied at 2-2 and Findlay would score at the 93:02 mark of the match off a free kick, finishing the game with a 3-2 victory.
Inside the Boxscore
- Tomasevic had his first goal of the season and the first playing for Saginaw Valley.
- Wilson notched his second helper in the contest, giving him four points total along with the goal he has this season.
- Watson's goal was his first of the 2016 seson as well.
- SVSU had a 12-10 edge in overall shots and 5-3 advantage in corner kicks.
- Findlay had six shots on goal, converting on three of them while SVSU scored two goals on their five shots on net.
- Connor Keane (2-2) took the loss in between the posts, working 93:02 in net.
Saginaw Valley hosts the Ohio Dominican University Panthers on Friday (Sep. 16) in another GLIAC matchup. First kick is set for 3:30 p.m. at SVSU's Braddock Field. The Panthers are playing at Walsh tonight in a 7:00 p.m. contest.