UNIVERSITY CENTER, Mich. - The SVSU track & field teams hosted the Northwood Timberwolves and Tiffin Dragons on Saturday morning in a tri-meet at the SVSU Fieldhouse. The Cardinals representel well in the meet, posting several top times against the GLIAC opponents.
Inside the Meet
- Taylor Stepanski finished first in the mile with a time of 5:04.29 while teammate Allison Dorr was third in the same race with a mark of 5:18.63.
- Bria Williams and Lauren Huebner were second and third in the 60 meter hurdles, crossing the line with times of 9.16 and 9.20, respectively.
- Huebner would finish second in the 200 meter run, claiming a time of 25.99 seconds in the event.
- Domonique Smith finished runner-up in the 60 meter dash, turning in a time of 7.88 seconds.
- Lina Davis was first in the 800 meter run, posting a mark of 2:26.45. Christina Micale and Domonique Adams finished second and third as well with times of 2:33.01 and 2:35.83, respectively.
- McKenzie Smoyer and Micale were first and second in the 3,000 meter run. The pair had marks of 11:19.64 and 11:27.62 in the race.
- Anna Fochesato finished in second place in the high jump, as she crossed the bar at a height of 1.58 meters.
- The 4 x 400 meter relay team finished in second with a mark of 4:20.78. That team consisted of Sydney Kreger, Alicia Tomlin, Micale and Morgan Fuerst.
- In the men's mile, Codey Cook was first with a time of 4:28.91 and Kavi Kulkarni finished second with his mark of 4:30.70.
- Jullane Walker posted the top time in the 60 meter dash, as he finished with a time of 7.04 seconds.
- Walker was first in the 200 meter run as well, posting a time of 22.23 seconds for the win.
- Nick Plude and Andrew Plude were second and third in the 800, as they crossed the finish line in times of 1:59.11 and 2:01.04, respectively.
- Sam Black and Brady Watson each posted a height of 1.93 meters in the high jump, being the only men's competitors to register a height in the event.
- Watson added a first place finish in the triple jump, posting a distance of 13.50 meters.
- In the pole vault, Sebastian Behme and Chase Field finished second and third, posting heights of 4.75 meters and 4.15 meters, respectively.
- The 4 x 400 meter relay team of Juan Bowers, Keith Rodriguez, Jordan Wells and Dalton Hollandsworth finished in second place with a time of 3:22.21.
SVSU returns to action on the road at the GVSU Big Meet, set to take place Friday and Saturday in Allendale.