ALLENDALE, Mich. - The SVSU track & field teams traveled to Allendale to compete in the GVSU Big Meet's first day, which was the invite portion of the two-day meet. The Cardinals had some solid times on Friday, including four NCAA Division II Provisional qualifying times.
- Ce'Aira Richardson posted an 8th place finish in the 400 meters with a provisional time of 56.64 seconds.
- Taylor Stepanski added a provisional mark as well, competing in the 800 meter run and posting a time of time of 2:14.72.
- Allison Dorr posted a 15th place finish in the 5,000 meter run with a time of 17:39.93. Teammates Domonique Adams (18:18.95) and Sophia Bradley (18:25.50) had personal best times in the race as well.
- Anna Fochesato took 8th place in a pair of events, posting a height of 1.55 meters in the high jump and a distance of 11.42 meters in the triple jump.
- Jullane Walker notched a provisional time in the 60 meters, finishing 4th with his time of 6.85 seconds. It is a new personal best time for the freshman after improving his prelims time of 6.93 seconds.
- Travon Phillips placed 9th in the 200 meter run with a personal best time of 21.95 seconds. That time also marks a new record in the 200 meter run for the sophomore.
- Teammate Juan Bowers had a 12th place showing in the same race, as he had a personal best time of 22.05 seconds.
- Eddie Komph ran in the 3,000 meters, finishing 10th with a time of 8:17.19. The mark is a provisional time.
- Timmy Kimball had a personal best time in the 5,00 meter run, registering a mark of 15:01.79.
- Brady Watson placed 5th in the high jump, clearing the bar with a height of 1.95 meters.
- Sam Black was 6th in his high jump event, posting a 10th place finish with a height of 2.00 meters.
- Ben Morrow was 15th in the shot put, posting a distance of 13.71 meters.
The Cardinals will compete in the second day of the Big Meet on Saturday morning, with events beginning at 9:00 a.m. in Allendale.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU