FINDLAY, Ohio - The SVSU track & field teams competed on the opening day of the 2017 GLIAC Indoor Track & Field Championships. The event is being hosted by the University of Findlay at the Robert A. Malcom Athletic Center. After day one, the Cardinal men sit in fifth place with 16 points while the women are in ninth place with eight points.
- Freshman Jullane Walker took second place in the long jump, earning all-conference honors. He posted a distance of 7.25 meters, which is a provisional mark. The mark is also a personal best for Walker. He also qualified for the finals in the 60 meter dash with a provisional time of 6.89 seconds and eighth place showing in the prelims.
- Tom Goforth claimed fourth place in the 5,000 meter run with a provisional time of 14:46.11.
- Juan Bowers finished third in the 200 meter dash prelims with a time of 22.33 seconds. He qualified for a spot in Sunday's finals with the mark.
- Sebastian Behme and Jacob Kulhanek tied for seventh place in the pole vault, clearing the bar at a height of 4.18 meters.
- Sam Black sits in second place in the heptathlon, holding 2,858 points. He had a 7.28 in the 60 meter dash for 785 points, 1.94 meters in the high jump (749), 6.59 meters (718) for the long jump and 11.99 meters (606) in the shot put.
- The DMR team, consisting of Alicia Tomlin, Lauren Huebner, Morgan Fuerst and Taylor Stepanski, finished fourth with a time of 12:06.44. It was a provisional time.
- Domonique Smith had a ninth place showing in the 60 meter dash, just barely missing out on a trip to the finals after running to a time of 7.80 seconds.
- Allison Dorr registered a sixth place finish in the 5,000 meter run with a time of 17:49.02.
- Teammate Domonique Adams was top-10 in the same race, finishing 10th with a mark of 18:06.14.
- Bria Williams finished 10th in the 60 meter hurdles, turning in a time of 9.12 seconds.
- Huebner added a 10th place showing in the 400 meter runwith a time of 58.91 seconds.
The teams are back at it on Sunday, where field events begin at 9:15 a.m. and running events start at 12:25 p.m.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU