ALLENDALE -- The SVSU track & field teams competed on the second day of the 2017 GLIAC Outdoor Championships, hosted at GVSU. The Cardinals had some top finishes on Thursday, including a trio of podium finishes.
The men currently sit in 4th place with 31 total points while the women are 11th overall with a total of 11 points.
- After holding the day one lead in the decathlon, Sam Black continued the dominance into the second day to claim the championship with a point total of 6,907. He would follow that up with a 4th place showing in the high jump, clearing the bar at a height of 6' 6.75" and a 4th place finish in the javelin throw at 167' 03".
- Jullane Walker is on to Friday's 100 meter dash finals after finishing 9th in the prelims with his time of 10.75. He had a top showing in the long jump, finishing 4th to score for SV with a distance of 23' 2.00".
- Juan Bowers finished 8th in the 200 meter dash, moving on the the finals as well after his time of 21.90.
- In the 1,500 meter run, Parker Eisengruber had the best mark of 3:57.25, advancing on to the finals round of the event.
- Ryan Silvestri will join Eisengruber in the finals after finishing 10th with his time of 4:01.60.
- Eddie Komph added another podium finish for Sagianw Valley. Komph took 3rd in the 10,000 meter run with a time of 31:08.89.
- Joey Southgate also scored for the Cards in the 1,500, finishing 6th with his mark of 31:28.46.
- Codey Cook got on the board for SVSU with his 7th place showing in the 3,000 meter steeplechase. He posted a time of 9:41.34.
- Brady Watson and Noah VanderVeen scored for the Cardinals in the high jump as well, with both athletes posting a height of 6' 4.75 ".
- Kimberly Balls qualified for the finals in the 400 meter dash, posting a 9th place showing in the prelims with a time of 59.39.
- Taylor Stepanski finished 2nd in the 800 meter run, posting a time of 2:13.30. She added a 4th place time of 4:44.49 in the 1,500 meter run.
- Morgan Fuerst is on to the finals as well in the 800, as she finished 6th with her mark of 2:14.06.
- Allison Dorr had a podium finish in the 10,000 meter run, as she finished in third place. Dorr crossed the line with a time of 36:47.58 in the race.
- Bria Williams will join her teammates in the Friday finals as well, finishing 8th in the 100 meter hurdle prelims with a time of 14.77.
- Lauren Huebner had the best time in the 400 meter hurdles on day one, finishing with a time of 1:01.49 to advance to the finals.
- Lina Davis joins Huebner in that same event's finals. She was 8th in the race, crossing with a time of 1:06.52.
- Christina Micale scored for SVSU in the 3,000 meter steeplechase. She was 4th with her time of 11:27.01.
The Cards complete the championships on Friday at the GVSU Track & Field Stadium. Events begin at 10:00 a.m. with the women's high jump.
@svtfxc | #svsutrack | @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU