ALLENDALE, Mich. — The SVSU Track and Field team headed over to the campus of Grand Valley State to participate in the GVSU Big Meet Day One. The team competed well, having six Cardinals earn an NCAA Provisional in their respective categories.
- Jordan Walters had an NCAA provisional time (1:51.62) in the men's 800 meter invite with a fifth place finish.
- In the men's one mile run, Parker Eisengruber ran a 4:08.56 (NCAA Provision) and took sixth place and set a new indoor one mile run time for Saginaw Valley State.
- Nate Frasier took tenth place in the men's 5000 meter run and earned an NCAA Provisional time with 14:31.35, setting the new indoor record for SVSU. His teammate, Tom Goforth also earned his NCAA Provisional running a 14:35.76.
- Sam Black placed fourth in the men's high jump competition with a height of 1.95m.
- Senior Andrew Mudd finished fifth in the men's long jump competition with a distance of 7.01m.
- Ryan Kelly took a fifth place finish in the men's shot put with a finishing distance of 17.01m, an NCAA Provisional.
- Travon Phillips ran a 6.96 in the men's 60 meter dash preliminaries which qualified him for the finals where he finishes fifth with a 6.91 time. He finishes thirteenth in the men's 200 meter dash invite, as well.
- Carter Eckhardt took fifteenth in the men's 400 meter dash.
- Keith Rodriguez took an eleventh place finish in the men's 600 meter dash with a 1:24.61 time.
- Morgan Fuerst also provisionally qualified in the 800 meter dash, running a 2:12.56.
The Cardinals will remain at GVSU to participate in the second meet of the weekend, GVSU Big Meet Day Two. There is live stats and video feed, as well.
@SVtfxc | #SVSUTF| @SVSUAthletics | #GoSVSU