NORWALK, Calif. — The Saginaw Valley State Track and Field teams started their first day of competition at the Cerritos Invitational in California. Five new personal best times were set in four different events at the invitational. Complete list of finishes is found below.
- In the men's 100 meter dash, Travon Phillips notched his personal best time of 10.80, finishing fifth in heat #1. Jamlle Russell finished sixth in heat #3, running an 11.55.
- Phillips also ran in the 200m dash, finishing third in his heat with another personal best time of 21.90. He finished fourth overall. Juan Bowers also participated, in this race, finishing second in heat #2 with a 22.26 time. He finished eighth overall.
- Carter Eckhardt ran a 48.82 in the men's 400m dash, finishing third overall. Keith Rodriguez ran a 51.23 in the same race, as well.
- Saginaw Valley's team for the men's 4x100m race, finished with their personal best time in the 4x100m. Russell, Philips, Bowers and Eckhardt, were members of this team.
- Noah VanderVeen finished first overall in the men's high jump competition with a height of 1.95m.
- Jacob Kulhanek participated in the men's pole vault, notching a 4.20m height, finishing fourth overall.
- Andrew Mudd took first place in the men's decathlon, finishing with 7118 points. In the decathlon, he notched three first place finishes in the 1500m run, pole vaulting competition and in the 100m dash.
- Samantha Warren finished with her personal best time of 25.94 in the women's 200m dash. She finishes fourth in the #1 heat, fifth overall.
- Lauren Huebner finished first in her heat and overall with a 1:04.01 time in the women's 400m hurdle competition.
- Saginaw Valley's team composed of Warren, Huebner, DonnaJean Eschenbacher, and Brooke Sutyak, finished second in the women's 4x100m relay with a time of 48.98. This was a personal best for the group.
- Sarah Rezler finished fifth overall in the high jump competition. Her final jump was a 1.50m.
- In the pole vaulting competition, Sutyak notched a finishing height of 3.26m. She placed fourth overall.
- Eschenbacher finished fifth overall in the long jump competition with a final jump of 4.91m. She added an eighth place finish in the triple jump competition, as well.
The Cardinals will finish day two of competition on Saturday (Apr. 14), while the other half of the team is competing in day one of the Bison Invitational in Pennsylvania. More details can be found on the Track and Field Schedule page.
@SVtfxc | #svsutrack | @svsuathletics | #GoSVSU
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---