ROCHESTER -- The SVSU Track & Field teams competed on the opening day of the Oakland University Golden Grizzlies Invitational on Friday, turning in some solid performances. The Cardinal throwers and jumpers got the meet started with day one action
- Lauren Huebner was 7th in the long jump, posting a distance of 5.23 meters.
- Donna Jean Eschenbacher finished 9th in the same event with a performance of 5.14 meters.
- In the hammer throw, Emily Droski registered a distance of 39.56 meters for SVSU to finish 7th. Her previous best before that performance was a 34.82 meter mark.
- Alicia Aldrich was next in 8th, turning in a distance of 39.23 meters.
- Jacob Netschke won the javelin throw for the Cards, recoring a distance of 45.45 meters. That tops his previous best of 44.93 meters.
- Nicklas Endres finished runner-up in the hammer throw. He posted a mark of 49.26 meters for Saginaw Valley.
- In the long jump, Brandon Keys turned in a 4th place showing with a distance of 6.74 meters. That beats his previous best jump, which was 6.68 meters.
- Noah Dooley was 8th in the long jump, leaping to a mark of 6.40 meters.
The teams compete on day two of the Golden Grizzlies Invitational on Saturday, while the distance runners are at Bucknell University for the Bison Outdoor Classic.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---