CALEDONIA -- The Cardinal Outdoor Track & Field teams finished competition on Saturday at the Davenport Tune-up Meet in their final preparations before this upcoming weekend's GLIAC Championships. Saginaw Valley had its men's squad finish 3rd overall in the meet with 73 points while the women's team was 4th with 75 points.
- Maegan Noble, Noriah Kidd, Alona Olshevska and Lauren Huebner teamed up for a 1st place showing in the 400 meter relay with a time of 47.65 seconds.
- The 1,600 meter relay team claimed 1st as well, with Huebner, Olshevska, Andriana Higgins and Jordan Harvey registering a time of 4:01.30 in that race.
- Huebner claimed the top spot in the 100 hurdles, turning in a time of 14.24 seconds. That is a new personal best mark for her in the race.
- Emily Droski finished 2nd in the javelin throw with a distance of 34.29 meters, marking a new best distance for her in the event. She added a 1st place showing in the discus throw with a personal best distance of 41.19 meters as well.
- Casey Williams, Juan Bowers, Travon Phillips and Marvin White posted a time of 41.35 seconds in the 400 meter relay, posting a 1st place finish.
- In the 1,600 meter relay, Keith Rodriguez, Bowers, Carter Eckhardt and Riley Feeney took 1st with their time of 3:23.81.
- Phillips continued to claim 1st in the 100 meter dash with a time of 11.22 seconds. Vincent Fochesato had a time of 12.20 in the same event.
- Ryan Kelly won the discus throw event with his mark of 49.42 meters.
- Alex Badr posted a 3rd place finish in the javelin throw with a distance of 42.73 meters in his first time competing.
- Jacob Netschke finished 6th in the 110 hurdles, crossing the line in a time of 18.09 seconds for a new top time for him in the event.
This year's 2019 GLIAC Outdoor Championships will take place May 1-3 at Grand Valley State University. Stay tuned to svsucardinals.com for ways to follow the event live.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---