ALLENDALE -- The Saginaw Valley State University Track & Field team both finished in fourth place at the 2019 GLIAC Outdoor Championships, as the men's team posted 101 points and the women garnered 93 points.
The men finished just a single point behind Northwood, as GVSU won the event and Ashland was second. On the women's side, GVSU was first, Ashland second and Northern Michigan in third place.
Lauren Huebner won a pair of GLIAC Championships on the final day for the Cardinals, picking up titles in the 400 meter hurdles and 100 meter hurdles. She was named the GLIAC Women's Track Athlete of the Meet and the High Point Athlete of the Meet as well. On the men's side, Casey Williams was once again named the GLIAC Freshman Field Athlete of the Meet after winning the long jump championship on Thursday.
- Huebner's time of 14.02 seconds in the 100 hurdles is a new program record and she registered a mark of 59.40 seconds in the 400 hurdles.
- Angie Higgins scored six points and finished in 3rd place in the 200 meter dash, posting a time of 24.46 seconds. She finished 3rd in the 100 hurdles with a provisional time of 14.53 seconds as well.
- In the 1,500 meter finals, Jenna Keiser got five points with a 4th place finish (4:40.21) while Sydney Kreger (4:42.76) had three points with her 6th place showing in the event.
- Dominique Adams finished 4th in the 5,000 meter run, garnering five points with her 4th place showing of 17:42.29. Sophia Bradley was seventh and received two points for her time of 18:07.45.
- The 400 meter relay team had six points and finished 3rd, as Huebner, Higgins, Jordan Harvey and Alona Olshevska posted a time of 47.22 seconds.
- Olshevska, Higgins, Huebner and Keiser teamed-up for a 4th place finish in the 1,600 meter relay, posting five points with their time of 3:54.93.
- Emily Droski was 5th in the discus throw to score four points with her distance of 139'1".
- Alicia Aldrich added a single point with her 8th place finish in the shot put, posting a distance of 42' 7.5".
- In the 5,000 meter finals, Tom Goforth finished second for eight points with his NCAA Provisional time of 14:30.11.
- Ryan Kelly had two provisional distances, finishing 2nd in the shot put with a mark of 56' 3.75" for eight points and 3rd in the discus throw with a distance of 169' 9" for six points.
- Riley Freeney collected six points for SVSU after his 3rd place showing in the 800 meter finals. He ran to a time of 1:55.82 in the event.
- The 400 meter relay team, consisting of Williams, Phillips, Juan Bowers and Marvin White, finished 4th and received five points for their time of 41.26 seconds. That just narrowly missed the school record of 41.22 seconds.
- The 1,600 meter relay team had a 4th place finish as well. Rodriguez, Bowers, Eckhardt and Freeney got five points with their time of 3:16.86.
- In the 400 meter finals, Carter Eckhardt notched four points with his 5th place finish at 48.41 seconds while Keith Rodriguez was 8th and got a point with his time of 50.05 seconds.
- Cordell Richardson finished 6th in the 400 meter hurdles, turning in a time of 55.33 seconds to secure three points.
- Ryan Talbott finished 7th in the 1,500 meter finals with a time of 3:58.00 to get two points while Parker Eisengruber was 8th to score a point with his time of 3:58.93. Brendan Nesbitt finished close behind in 9th with a time of 3:59.09.
- In the triple jump, Brandon Keys finished 7th for two points with his distance of 41' 9.25".
- Travon Phillips finished 8th in the 100 meter dash, registering a point for the Cards with his time of 10.86 seconds.
The Carinals will await the results from the participants selected to the 2019 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track & Field Championships. This year's event will take place May 23-25 at Texas A&M-Kingsville. There will be last chance qualifying meets taking place May 8-12 before the championships.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---