COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The SVSU Women's Soccer team began its 2018 season with a regional matchup at Ohio Dominican University on Friday (Aug. 31) night in Columbus. After falling behind early, the Cardinals scored a pair of unanswered goals and came away with a 2-1 victory at ODU's Panther Stadium.
The Panthers got on the board early for the 1-0 edge at the 7' marker when Susan D'Isidoro found the back of the net to give the home team the lead.
That score held true through the initial 45 minutes of action, with the Panthers posting six shots in comparison to the Cardinals' five to keep the count at 1-1.
At the 78' marker, Kylie Lukowski got her first career goal to give the visitors a 2-1 lead, using a rebound off an SVSU shot to find the back of the net.
The final 12 minutes and change would expire from there, giving the Cards the victory over Ohio Dominican.
Inside the Boxscore
- The Cardinals outshot the Panthers by a 10-9 overall margin while the corner kicks were split at 4-apiece.
- Giambanco's goal and Vanderhoff's assist were both their first of the fresh 2018 campaign.
- Lukowski's score was her first in her Cardinal uniform as a freshman.
- Alyssa Watts faced five shots on-goal, turning four of those away for her first win of the season.
- Hannah Tarnaski added a pair of shots on-goal as well for SVSU.
Saginaw Valley remains in Columbus for its next match, facing regional foe Alderson Broaddus on Sunday (9/2) at noon at Ohio Dominican.
@SVSUWSOC | #svsuwsoc | @svsuathletics
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---