MIDLAND -- The Cardinal Women's Basketball team made the short trip to Northwood on Thursday night, facing the Timberwolves in the 2018-19 season finale for Saginaw Valley. After holding a first quarter lead, the Cardinals couldn't overcome the push from the Timberwolves and would end up dropping the contest by a final score of 73-42.
The T-Wolves responded in the second quarter with a 20-10 edge, entering the halftime break with a 30-22 lead over the visitors.
Northwood had a big third quarter offensively, separating more after scoring 27 points and holding Saginaw Valley to 12 to lead by a 57-34 score heading into the fourth and final quarter.
It remained all Timberwolves in the fourth, as the home squad posted a 16-8 advantage over the final 10 minutes and finished-off the 31-point victory at 73-42.
Inside the Boxscore
- Hannah Settingsgaard competed in her final contest for the Cardinals and she earned Meijer "Player of the Game" honors with a team-high 13 points. She added a pair of rebounds to the effort.
- Geers added nine points with a team-best four boards.
- Maddie Maloney chipped-in with seven points, four assists and three boards.
- Aaliah Hill and Barrie added a team-high four rebounds as well.
- NU owned the glass, outrebounding the Cardinals by a 45-22 margin.
- The Timberwolves psted a 42-14 edge in the paint as well.
Saginaw Valley has now concluded the 2018-19 season. The Cardinals lose just one senior from this year's squad, as Hannah Settingsgaard has played her final game for SV.
@SVSUWBB | #svsuwbb | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---