ALLENDALE -- The Cardinal Men's Golf team finished play at the Don Underwood Invitational on Tuesday, ending up in ninth place in the 54-hole event at The Meadows Golf Course.
Saginaw Valley finished with a three-round total score of 903, posting team scores of 303-296-304 to finish one stroke behind eighth place Ferris State University. The University of Findlay won the event with a final score of 864. The Oilers won the event by five strokes over Wayne State University.
- Jared Lyons shot a one-over par 72 on Tuesday, finishing tied for 21st overall. He posted rounds of 75-76-72 for the tournament.
- Gunnar Stein finished tied for 25th place with scores of 73-72-79 for his total count of 224.
- Finishing two strokes behind Stein was Brady Dice, who was tied for 29th after his scores of 74-74-78.
- Mitch Hughes (83-74-75) finished in a tie for 47th place in the tournament.
- Jordan Weaver was 58th with his rounds of 81-79-79.
The Cardinals return to action this upcoming weekend at Ferris State University, competing at the GLIAC North Invitational at the Katke Golf Course in Big Rapids. Action will take place on Saturday and Sunday.
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---