GRAND RAPIDS -- The Cardinal Women's Basketball team hit the road for another league contest on Saturday, taking on the Davenport University Panthers.
The first quarter saw the Panthers post a 21-12 lead after 10 minutes of action. Abby Duffy had four points in the opening quarter for the Cardinals while Aaliah Hill grabbed three boards to lead the rebounding effort.
Davenport tacked-on another 18 points in the second quarter and limited the Cardinals to just six. That put the game's score at 39-18 as the teams entered the halftime break.
Duffy had seven first half points and four rebounds while Maddie Barrie added six points and three rebounds. The Panthers shot 51.4% from the floor while Saginaw Valley went for an 18.8% percentage. That was led by a 28-4 advantage in the paint for the home team.
The third quarter saw the Panthers post a 14-11 edge, pushing their lead out to 14 points at 53-29. After the third, Duffy had 11 points and five rebounds while Hannah Settingsgaard registered 10 points.
Saginaw Valley had a stellar fourth quarter, going for 28 points in the final 10 minutes of play. Davenport, however, had 20 points of their own and was able to close-out for a 16-point victory, 73-57.
Inside the Boxscore
- Duffy had a team-high 15 points and a team-best eight rebounds as well. She added two assists and a steal for SVSU.
- Hill had another solid game in her second outing for the Cardinals. She netted 12 points and matched Duffy's team-high eight boards. She was named the Meijer "Player of the Game" again after shooting an efficient 5-9 from the floor.
- Hannah Settingsgaard had double figures in scoring as well, going for 10 points with three boards and a block.
- Maddie Maloney added eight points, four assists and a pair of rebounds while Maddie Barrie added nine points, four boards, two helpers and a steal.
- The Panthers shot 50.0% from the floor and SVSU hit at a 32.3% clip.
- DU had a 40-26 edge in the paint and 23-15 advantage in bench scoring.
Saginaw Valley hits the road for another two GLIAC games next weekend, beginning Thursday (Jan. 17) at Ashland University. The teams will tip-off at 5:30 p.m. from Ashland, Ohio.
@SVSUWBB | #svsuwbb | @svsuathletics | #BeaksUp
--- www.svsucardinals.com ---